WHAT TO SEE AND DO AT HOTA
- Home Of The Arts
Surfers Paradise is renowned for its beaches and water activities, famous for sun and surf, and are the main reasons why most people flock here for holidays. But, if you’re looking for a change of pace during your time on the Gold Coast, Australia, then HOTA, Home Of The Arts, is the perfect place for a bit of art and culture.
Here are 12 fabulous reasons to visit Home Of The Arts in Queensland and suggestions on things to see and do there.
- Enjoy the gorgeous parklands, lake and beach at HOTA, which are perfect for walks, biking and swimming and water activities, very popular spot with young families.
- Explore HOTA Gallery where there are 5 levels of modern Australian art on display which feature more than 4500 art works.
- Catch a Movie at the HOTA Cinema where you can see mainstream and foreign films.
- Go to a Concert at HOTA held at the outdoor stage with local and international guests playing.
- Attend a Theatre show and see performing arts, including ballet, comedy, acrobatics, musicals and more.
- Take part in one of the Workshops at HOTA, such as craft, yoga, or drawing.
- Go to one of the Talks held by various speakers on topics of general interest.
- Take the kids to the Children’s Gallery to encourage interaction with art.
- Shop at the HOTA Market held every Sunday morning where various stalls selling all types of local artisan foods and crafts, as well as live music is on offer for your enjoyment.
- Get along to Fridays On The Lawn, featuring local musicians playing.
- Saturday mornings there is a Park Run from HOTA gardens for all to participate in.
- Dine and drink at the Restaurant, Cafe, or Bar at HOTA.
Photos of HOTA
Important Information about Home Of The Arts
Stunning artwork at HOTA Gallery
I had a lovely time browsing the halls at HOTA Gallery. Here is a small selection of some of my favourite pieces I saw that captivated my attention. Of course, the photos don’t do them justice. You really have to visit Home Of The Arts to see these grand pieces of creative art in person.
The huge display of Iris, The Messenger is in a room of its own and she actually looks real. Her gorgeous wings are 24 carat gold plated.
So if you haven’t been to HOTA already, make sure to get along and visit some of the wonderful things happening at Queensland’s premier art precinct. You are sure to enjoy many of the exciting exhibitions, events, shows, activities and social gatherings in the program at HOTA throughout the year.
You can get to HOTA by walking from the centre of Surfers Paradise, car, or the Hopo ferry.
Read more on Queensland
Pin it, please
More on Australia
Other Snazzy posts
- Booking.com SINGAPORE SKY PARK If you are wanting to visit the Marina Bay Sands roof top at the most famous luxury Hotel...